Mackay turned 1 on March 1st and boy did we throw him a party! I love to entertain so whenever there is an excuse to throw a party I like to go all out!! I invited tons of our friends to come and help us celebrate Mackay's birthday! We had so much fun. I don't think Mack even knew all the people were there for him but hey I am sure he had a good time. When it came time to eat his cake that little stinker didn't even want it! I had even given him a test cupcake the day before to make sure he would dive into his cake and he did great. I think the pressure of all the people go to him :) However, he had the breakfast of champions the very next morning and dug into his cake as soon as we put it in front of him. He got lots of gifts from our friends and we were very grateful for their support because we were not expecting anything from anyone! The theme that kept turning up as he opened his presents was sports balls. That was great because he loves to play with those! You might notice in some of the pictures that Easton doesn't look as happy, he got sick that morning and had a fever so he spent most of the party upstairs in our room laying down watching tv. The theme of Mack's 1st birthday was "sports stadium" we had all sorts of stadium food; popcorn, hotdogs, pretzels, nachos, cheese dip, and carmel apples. I had a sign on the front of the door that said "Bowen Stadium, Home of Mackay's 1st Birthday Party". It was so fun to decorate and get everything together. I made him a baseball cake just like I did for Easton's first birthday and then a whole bunch of basketball and baseball cupcakes for everyone else. Oh you may also notice in the pictures that Mackay looks like Rudolph, well that morning he fell off the bed and landed on his face and got a carpet burn on his nose and forehead. I did manage to get at least one picture before he messed his face up. But then again Mackay wouldn't be Mackay with out something on his face. We love our little Mack Man and were so happy to be able to celebrate his first year of life!
You cant see it but the sign on the food table said "concessions"!
Mack got to open his present from mom and dad the next morning, we got him a ball pit! Him and East played in that thing all morning!
Finally Eating his cake the day after his Birthday!
Had to take some pictures by the cute banner I made of his name!
The one good picture we got of East that night!
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You did such a great job and I may steal this idea for next year. Also, you look so good!
ReplyDelete