Sunday, November 7, 2010

1 year old!!!

The presents East got!!


Attempt at a family pic!!

Yes he LOVED his cake!

The football treats!!
The amazing baseball cake I made for East's Birthday!!

This post is long over due but I have finally found a quiet moment in our busy lives to sit down and do some blogging.
Easton Turned 1 on Oct. 14th!!! We did a fun family thing in the morning with just the 3 of us. We let East open some presents. He enjoyed pulling off the paper or should I say ripping the paper. I took brownies to work (the daycare) for East's birthday and all the kids sang to him. Later that day my parents flew in from Washington (and it happened to be their anniversary also) and we went out to dinner at chili's. It was a really fun day celebrating Easton's birthday. However the real party was the next day on the 15th when we had Easton's birthday party.

Of course it was a sports party!! I made a baseball cake and football rice crispy treats. My mom was a wonderful help and decorated the room we had the party in at their hotel. It looked amazing, thanks mom!! I was a little disappointed because most of the people we invited did not show but we had my family there, Kyle's family, some friends, and our little family which was enough people. I made an extra little cake for East to dig into all himself after we sang to him and oh my goodness did he love it!! He just kept shoveling it in his mouth. I finally took it away because I was scared he would get a tummy ache. After food and cake we opened gifts and East loved that as well. He go so many fun things!!

It turned out to be a great Birthday for East and the party went well. My mom and dad were amazing for coming down here and helping me get things ready. My mom also got to come with East and I to the doctors for his 1 year check up. He was 19lbs and 30 1/2ins. Wow he is getting tall. With that measurement he is now in the 74th percentile for height and still in the 5th for weight but the doctor still says he isn't worried since he is eating good. Out little boy is growing up and fast!!

At 1 year old:
We took the bottle away (which was no problem at all), he can sign more, all done, and eat (we are working on please), he can say ball and daddy, he climbs on anything and everything, he eats out of a bowl and uses a spoon or fork when he eats (he at least tries to), he loves his milk, is amazing at going to bed (we just put him in his crib and he goes to sleep), he loves to pretend to talk on the cell phone, he can push himself forwards and backwards on his little fire engine sit on car thing, and his favorite place to be is outside!! I am sure there is more and I will add more when I think of them.

We love our little man with all our hearts and are so excited to keep watching him grow up to be a big man one day. We pray that we are doing the best we can as parents to teach him what he needs to know about life and the gospel. We wouldn't trade our little surprise for anything, life just wouldn't be the same without him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment