Thursday, September 30, 2010

Half Marathon

Well I did it, I ran a half marathon. Just over 13 miles!! I ran it on Sept. 18th but I am just now getting around to writing about it so sorry. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I felt great pretty much the whole way. The last 2 or 3 miles were the worst though, I kept asking myself if it was ever going to end but finally it did. My time was 1:51:18 (1hr 51mins and 18secs just in case you didn't understand that). I was 10th in my age group and 48th overall and there were at least 600 people there so I felt really good about that. My calves started to tighten up sometime about 8 miles or so but it wasn't bad I was able to keep running just fine. Kyle was gone that day so we had some friends watch Easton for us. They were at the finish line when I got there. It was good to see the beast. Kyle was at a dental school interview so he had a great excuse. It's ok because I was cheering for him too to do well in his interview which he did!!
After the race I was very blessed because Easton took a 2 1/2 hr nap so I was able to rest also. I was so sore that day and the next day but by Monday I was much better. The only time I remember my calves being that sore was in high school during soccer conditioning, it hurt so bad to walk that my coach even noticed I was having trouble getting around. He laughed at me. Anyways it was a good hurt.

I was able to run the whole way only stopping I think 3 times to walk for like 15 secs. I was so proud of myself. I didn't think I would be able to run the whole thing but I did. I had been training for the past 12 weeks for this half and it paid off. Even on the days I had no desire to run just a mile I would still go out and run because I knew that if I didn't then the half was going to kick my butt!!

This is what Easton and I did after my half marathon. We had ice cream!! I had been craving a blizzard for a few weeks but wouldn't get one till after my half. It was some good eatin! Easton particularly enjoyed his ice cream cone as you can see.
Overall it was a good day for me, Easton, and Kyle. The half really wasn't that bad and I will consider doing another one one day. But for now I will take a break from long runs and stick to 5Ks and 10Ks.

No comments:

Post a Comment