Yes our not so little man anymore is in preschool! He was so excited to get to go to preschool. He got new school shoes (as seen in the pic) and a new backpack (Thomas)!
Even though preschool is just across the parking lot from us he still feels the need to ride his bike. Such a cute boy. He is dang good at riding his bike I might add too!!
Of course we had to get a picture with Mackay in there. He wanted to be like Easton and wear a backpack and go to school too...you time will come little Mack!
Easton is doing so well in preschool. He is learning so much, just really soaking it all in. He already knew his letters and stuff but he now knows the sounds to all he letters and loves to sound out words! However, he doesn't quite understand the concept of reading...he doesn't get that when he sounds out the letters together he is saying a word. He just knows he is sounding out the letters and is happy with that. So we like to sound out words together. I write simple ones down and then he sounds them out for me. I am thinking we will really start on reading this spring!
He is also learning out to write all his letters. He had sort of learned to write his name before preschool but now he is pro at it. He loves to write his name whenever he can. He is such a smart little boy and I am so proud of him and how much he is learning and taking in. He tells me every week what letter they are learning and is so excited to tell me what they do at preschool every week. I used to think it would be great when he goes to kindergarten but now I am really seeing him grow up and I don't want him to go to school all day. I love having him home with me. I will miss these days as he gets older but thinking of them will always bring a smile to my face! I love you little Easton you will always be my little boy no matter how big you get!! Keep learning and growing, soaking up all the knowledge you can! Mom and Dad couldn't be more proud of you!!

No comments:
Post a Comment