Monday, October 28, 2013

Summer time fun and firsts!

We had a fun filled summer this year! In June we were able to attend one of the championship games for the college world series. It was really fun to watch and the fans were awesome! We met some nice people while we were there. It was packed though and we barley found seats but it was so much fun! While we were there we wanted to get the full experience so Kyle got himself a Midwest monster burger (I cant remember the exact name). This thing was LOADED...beef patty, pulled pork, bacon, cheese, a pretzel bun and an amazing sauce. You would pretty much die after one bite. We took a pic of it, I'll have to see if I can find it. Needless to say it was one amazing burger!



 Later in the summer we decided to take Easton to his first movie theater experience! We saw Monsters University. Little did we know the seats were going to be cushioned and reclining! No only was it a first for East at the movies it was a first for Kyle and I also to have amazing seats at the theater! Easton did great and loved the movie (so did Kyle and I) so we took both the boys back to see the movie Planes!
 The rest of the summer consisted of playing outside, in the water, and going to the zoo or the children's museum. I love the summers because my boys get to play outside and they LOVE to play outside!! I love to see them laugh and run around. Puts a smile on my face every day!









Another first that happened this summer was Easton learned to ride his bike!!! We took the training wheels off his red bike thinking we would teach him but he would not have it. He hated trying to ride his bike because he didn't know how to balance. So I said "that's it" and I bought him a strider bike (for a really awesome deal I might add). The strider bike was blue and he LOVED that! If you don't know a strider bike it a bike without peddles so that the kids learn how to balance first before trying a real bike. Anyways Easton was a pro on his strider from the first time he got on it. So after about a month or so of the strider bike we decided it was time to try his real bike again. We put him on a bike at the Island that my parents had got for him and told him to try and like we expected he rode perfectly!! So as soon as we got home from my parents house he was on his red bike riding around like crazy. He rode his bike everywhere even if it was just across the parking lot! He is a natural and loves to ride his bike every day! We are so proud of our little man!
This summer was a lot of fun! I am sad it is over but looking forward to new weather and the adventures that come with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment