5/29/13
Mackay is growing up way too fast! He is the cutest little
boy though. He is saying a lot more words these days and jabbering all the
time. He is really good at saying “pease” and “tain u” pretty much the cutest thing ever. He also counts to 3 with me when I am pushing him on the swing. I say "one" and he says "tu, tee". He is getting really good at repeating what he say, I think he will be talking before we know it!
He has just picked up on small simple things that Easton does that East
was not interested in or knew how to do till he was older than Mackay was.
Stuff as simple as using a box to get up on the counter, or making car sounds
as he plays with cars and trucks (seriously so cute I can’t stand it. I love
when he does that), or climbing the big toys on the playground and going down
the big slide. It is just amazing to see how much a little one can pick up from
having and older sibling. They are the best of friends and love playing
together. Easton always asks if Mackay can come wherever he is going. Watching
them together really makes it worth it being a mom.
He loves to follow Easton around and do what he does. Just the other day we were at the store and Easton wanted out of the cart so we let him out and immediately Mackay wanted out so we put him down too. Then Easton went over to a shelf and sat on it and so of course Mackay followed and made himself comfortable as well on the shelf. Mack really loves his brother. He always gets excited with a great big smile on his face when he sees Easton. If he even hears Easton’s voice he will turn his head, smile, and then ask to be let down so he can go see his big brother. In the mornings when he wakes up he always reaches for Easton and gives him a big hug. Melts my heart every day. It is amazing to see the things that Mackay is learning from having a big brother. He is doing things much earlier than Easton did because he has someone to follow as an example. Basically he thinks he is a big kid now so I have to let him know every now and again that he is still only 1.
Mackay I have decided is a mamas boy. I love it yet hate it
at the same time. I love that he loves to wrap his arms around me and just cuddle
up and hug me tight, and that he loves to give me long kisses on the lips, and
that he gets so excited when I walk in the room. However having a child whine
at you when you are trying to do something as simple as going to the bathroom
can get a little old. Today I had to just laugh because I was going to the
bathroom and he was outside the door crying and when I looked down there were
his little fingers reaching under the door trying to get in. He is crazy I tell
ya!! Love that little boys though I wouldn’t trade him for the world. He is a
cuddler and I love that because Easton wasn’t like that at all so its nice that
he will just love on me for no reason except that he loves me and I am his mom.
Did I mention Mackay is crazy? That boy is everywhere and into
everything. Just the other day I had to change his clothes 4 times because he
kept going back into the mud. He loves
to wander off and explore. He is also fearless too. If I don’t get to him fast
enough if he is on the edge of something he will just jump off expecting I will
be there to catch him. So I have to try and distract him so I can get there
before he makes the plunge. Also I have decided that Mackay would either
survive very well in the wilderness or he would just die. I say this because he
will put anything in his mouth and I mean anything!! He puts rollie pollies in
his mouth, little flies, rocks, mud, grass, others leftover snacks he finds on
the playground. I seriously just stopped worrying as much and just kind of go
with the flow. Just the other day he was laying stomach down in one of the
tubes on the playground so I went over to say hi to him and play and when I
looked in the little window hole I noticed he was staring at a little bug and
before I knew it he had opened his mouth and shoved his face down on the
plastic and ate the bug (I am laughing as I write this because it was just
hilarious, it was one of those moments where you had to be there). Like I said
he love to put anything in his mouth. It is going to be a very eventful summer
I just know it! J
Our little Mackay is such a sweet boy. He loves to love you
(and yell at you sometimes). He is really good at expressing his emotions. I
can’t believe he is already 15 months old, three more months and he will be in
nursery (thank goodness). He has helped create so many wonderful moments as a
family and I just love him to pieces. I can never kiss him enough. I love our
little Mackay more than words can describe and I am so grateful that I get to
be him mom and help him grown in the gospel and develop his talents. I love his
personality and that he is my son.




No comments:
Post a Comment