Now some people would say if your baby is sick, " just put in him bed with you." and I would say "no thank you." That is a habit that I just do not want to start. When he was first born he slept in his bassinet next to our bed and every once in a while I would bring him in bed with us just because I was so tired and I wanted him to sleep, but even then I still didn't sleep that good. I would always end up in a weird position trying to make sure Easton was comfy and then I was uncomfortable and not able to sleep. Even when he was in his bassinet it was hard to sleep very well because we both woke up to every little sound he would make. So we moved him to his crib at about 6 weeks and it's been a great choice. The way I see it if you want to have your baby sleep in the bed with you (they call it family bed I think) that's great. But for Kyle and I our bed is part of our alone time even if East goes to bed at 8. When we go to bed there is no baby to have to worry about rolling over on or waking up to every sound. It is just Kyle and I and we can enjoy each others company. Plus going to bed is one of my favorite things because I get to cuddle up next to my honey all night with out worrying about Easton because if he cries I'll hear him. Just my thoughts I thought I would throw in there about family beds. The transition from sleeping with mom and dad to the crib can be a challenge for babies so we just nipped it all in the butt and moved him when I felt comfortable enough for him to be in his own room. Like I said it was a great choice.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Slumber Party with the East man!!
So Easton has had a cold the past couple days. He slept in our room with us the other night because Kyle's dad and sister came and stayed in Easton's room. I was glad he slept in our room because he was having a hard time breathing, his nose was so stuffed up. So because the air mattress was already up Kyle and I decided to have a slumber party in Easton's room. I wanted to sleep where I could hear him breath and then with him being in his crib he would sleep better. It was fun to sleep in his room. I was glad we did, that poor boy's nose was awful. I wish I could just put a tissue up to his nose and tell him to blow and get all that gunk out of there, but instead we have a nasal saline spray that we squirt up his nose to release whats up there and then we suck it out with his sucker. It is not fun when babies have colds you just feel so bad for them. Easton even has a little cough. Even though his cough is so cute I feel bad because I know it is from his cold. He is getting better though, Kyle and I slept in our own room last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment