This week was a really fun week with Easton. Kyle and I have been keeping a sleep log for Easton so we know when he sleeps and how long during the day. We have been trying to put him down about every 2 hours or a littler earlier or later depending on how drowsy he looks, and then we write it down in his sleep log when he went to sleep and when we woke up. This new strategy has been working like a charm. Easton has been so happy and fun to play with, and he is sleeping better at night, between 6-8hours at a time. He hardly fusses at all, and I know it is because we are making sure he gets his sleep. We got this idea from a book called "Healthy sleep habits, happy baby". This book has been a great guidline for us in helping Easton get the rest he needs, I would recommend it to everyone with a new baby.
I had a sweet mother moment this weekend with my boys. It was Saturday evening and we had just come back from dinner. I was holding Easton on my chest while Kyle sat next to me on the couch. We had all the lights turned off and just the tv on. It was Easton's bed time so he was already tired but Kyle was extra tired too, so Kyle laid his head on my sholder and fell asleep and Easton fell asleep on my chest. I got to "hold" both of my boys as they fell asleep on me. It was such a sweet moment, I never wanted it to end. We were all cuddled up under the blanket together, the Bowen Family. It was one of those sweet mother moments with my boys I will never forget.
On a more funny note, we had an interesting time at church yesterday. Kyle and I got Easton all ready for church in a white shirt and tie and were so excited to show him off. When we got to church there was no where to sit but near the front so we went and sat down. Once the meeting had started Kyle felt Easton's diaper and said he needed to be changed, I said I would take him out after the sacrament. As we were sitting there Kyle kept saying how he could smell Easton, that he was stinky. I told Kyle I hoped he hadn't pooped all over himself because I had forgotten to bring extra clothes for him. I finally went to change the boy and sure enough he had pooped all over, it was so bad. So I stripped him down and put a new diaper on him. However, I did not have any clothes for him so how was I going to take Easton back into the chapel to tell Kyle? I couldn't bring a half naked baby into the chapel! So I grabbed my nursing cover and wrapped Easton in it and walked into the chapel , down the aile, near the front. I sat down and told Kyle what happened, we both decdied it would be best to go home. We wrapped Easton in a blanket and then I got up and left and a few minutes later Kyle followed. Kyle and I were laughing the whole time. I had almost grabbed an extra one-z before we left but I though "oh it will be fine" well I was wrong, and now I will never leave the house again without an extra set a clothes for Easton! It was a good Sunday.

So I know it must be a big drag when his diaper explodes like that, but Lizzy hardly ever poops at all, and it's been a source of lots of stress and calls to her doctor, and I would rather be dealing with too much poop than not any! So there's a bright side to it-at least he's healthy!
ReplyDelete