We were playing with Easton the other night on the floor and he was having a blast! He was laughing and talking and moving all over the place. Kyle and I were attempting to get Easton to hold a toy. He has really started to grab things lately so we thought we would put a toy in his hands and see if he would hold on it. Well he did!! Of course he does not know what he is holding on to yet but he will soon.
Tonight I had a special moment with Easton. He was being really fussy and we could not figure out what was wrong. Finally I fed him (he would not eat when we had tried before) and he was good. So we played for a little bit and then I took him into his room to rock him to sleep because we knew he was tired. When I started rocking him he was a little squirmy so got out a book and started reading to him, he instantly calmed down and listened to me read the book. He looked at the pictures and everything as I read to him. When I was done with the book I started rocking him again and singing to him. His eyes started to get heavy and he was out. I felt that that was a special mommy moment for me because we were in his room with just a lamp on, cuddled in the rocking chair and he was soothed by the sound of my voice! I sing to Easton often when I am putting him to sleep but I am going to try and read to him more too because I think he likes it and it is really good for him to hear the words and sentences. I love being a mommy, special moments like that make all the hard times worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment