Monday, February 11, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 was eventful yet laid back. Kyle went in for ACL reconstruction surgery the day before Thanksgiving. So the Sunday before I made a Thanksgiving meal just in case Kyle wouldn't want anything to eat on actual Thanksgiving day. His surgery went very well, he was in at 7am and I took him home lather that afternoon. The next day our wonderful friends the Ribbles had us over for Thanksgiving dinner. It was fun to go to their house and let our kids play together. They have 2 boys also. Their youngest is about Easton's age. We ate a delicious dinner and then just hung out. Later that night I went to a neighbors house for pie night. It was fun to try everyones pies and get some new ideas. Thanksgiving is a simple holiday but so fun to spend with friends and family. I am excited to be able to have a house full one day and make a big meal for everyone. Kyle and I are very grateful for our wonderful families and the great support they are in our lives. We are grateful for 2 handsome and healthy boys who keep up on our toes all day everyday. I am grateful for a wonderful husband who works so hard at school and still finds time to help me at home with the boys. We are also grateful for wonderful friends we are surrounded by who have become like our family. It was a simple 2012 Thanksgiving but I wouldn't have had it any other way.
This is the only picture I got of Kyle on surgery day. He was very tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment