Saturday, May 12, 2012
Mackay 2 months old!!!
Mackay is 2 months old!! We went to the doctor and had his well child check up. He is 12lbs 6oz and 24 1/2 inches long. That puts him in the 87th percentile for height and 70th percentile for weight. Yes we have ourselves one big handsome boy. It just amazes Kyle and I to see the difference between Easton and Mackay. Easton was maybe just over 9 lbs at 2 months old but we have to remember that East started so much littler than Mackay did. We are so happy to have Mackay in our home. Easton just loves him so much and always wants to give him hugs and kisses. Mackay has been socially smiling with us for a couple weeks now and it is the cutest thing. Whenever I change his diaper, he wakes up from a nap, or after I feed him he will look up at me and just start smiling. It melts my heart!! He tries really hard to make happy cooing noises but so far not much comes out, he is trying hard though. Mackay is such a great baby. He is wonderful at nursing and will take a bottle when I need to leave him with Kyle or a sitter. He sleeps awesome at night only waking up 2 times a night to eat then right back to sleep and then can sleep in. His absolute favorite position to sleep is on his tummy, we don't know why but that is how he sleeps best. So for naps during the day he sleeps on his tummy but at night we make sure he is on his back. The one thing Mackay absolutely hates is his car seat. Every time we put him in he cries, and it takes him a good 20mins of crying before he will calm himself down. We tried giving him the bink for a while but now he won't even try to take it. Therefore our only option while in the car is to let him cry. Sad I know but at least we know he is ok and safe in his car seat while we are driving. Mackay is a sweet, calm, happy baby. He loves to snuggle on your chest. He is very strong; he holds his head up really well and once he grabs something he will not let go and you have to pry it from his hands, that's how strong he is. At his doc appt. he didn't even cry when he got his shots. I am not even exaggerating, he literally didn't even flinch or cry when they gave him 4 shots, I was amazed!!! He is a tough little boy but that is good because he will need to be considering he has Easton as an older brother :) !! Mackay loves to be alert and looking around. At the moment he has big handsome blue eyes, I am secretly hoping they stay blue too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment