Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mackay turns 2!

Our little Mack head turned 2!! I can't believe is has already been two years since he was born! Kyle reminds me all the time "remember when we thought Mack would be more mellow?" Yeah he is crazier than Easton ever was!! He eats anything and everything. He is talking like a champ. He language development has been so fun to experience. He is already saying full sentences and it is so cute! Kyle and I look at each other every day and say "where did he learn that" or "how long has he been saying that". He surprises us every day with how much he knows. He has been counting to 10 for a couple months now and pretty much thinks he is one of the Big Boys! He pretty much is one of the big boys. I never really have to worry about him...he can hold his own if he really wants to. Lately he has been into animals especially zebras "beebras" fishes "bishys" and elephants "elphant". We read the same "bishy book" over and over and the same "beebra" book over and over. At bed time he will grab the book, bring it over to me and say "read it?" it is pretty cute. He loves to read and to be read to. I have to tell him its time to stop reading so we can go to bed. He can be so dang cute sometimes and it is a good thing he is because he can be pretty nasty too!! He has been a much harder child than Easton but we still love him and his craziness! He also knows what he wants and is very vocal about it. Right now he is stuck on wearing either a Lightning McQueen shirt or PJs, or Dusty Crop Hopper shirt or PJs. He only has a few of those things so I have to make sure the laundry is done because he will not wear anything else! He loves him mommy, I am pretty sure, more than Kyle loves me. He is my #1 fan! ha ha! He still won't sleep through the night and we are not sure why but it is something we are working on. Overall Mack is a sweet and very smart little boy who we love. Life just wouldn't be the same without him.
For Mack's birthday this year we celebrated on the 28th of Feb since we had some friends going out of town on his birthday. We had a fish themed party and Mack loved it. We didn't do anything too extravagant but he knew it was all for him. When we sang to him he got all giddy it was so sweet and then he blew out the candles all by himself!! We opened presents, had cake and ice cream and just hung out. It was a lot of fun. Like I said nothing too extreme but just enough of a celebration to let Mackay know we love him and that it was his special day. I had a way cute Birthday Boy shirt for him to wear but of course he wanted to wear McQueen and I wasn't going to argue so he wore what he wanted!
Mack is one tough boy and is willing to try and do anything. His willingness and toughness is one of the personality traits we love most about Mack. Even if he falls he will pick himself back up and try again. We love our little blue eyed blonde hair boy and can't wait to see what this next year brings for him!




Well I had a lot more pictures but I can't find them at the moment so these will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment