Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy 26 years to me!!

Yes I am now 26 years old, and that much closer to 30, but I try not to look at it that way.  My birthday landed on a perfect day this year. It was the day Kyle's fall break started!! Just for those who do not know my Birthday was Tuesday the 9th of October. I watched kids the day of my birthday because Kyle was going to be at school anyways and they would be gone by the time he came home so the day was not as exciting but I did enjoy getting alerts on my phone from all the sweet facebook messages I got. I also got a surprised with a bouquet of flowers from my father in law since he was in town visiting for a business trip. The real fun began when Kyle came home from school. He came home with  presents and balloons for me. I opened up my present, he got me an awesome pair of Nike shoes. I can finally feel a part of the family since I have a pair of Nikes now. After I opened my present we went out to dinner at Texas Road house and I had myself an amazing glass of Dr.pepper, with a refill. Yes it was my day so I was having as much as I wanted. After dinner Kyle dropped me and the boys off while he went to the store to grab some root beer for some root beer floats that I thought we were going to have. Little did I know he has planned a surprise get together for my birthday!! The best part was he had got me a DQ Icecream cake also (my all time favorite). I was so surprised and excited to see  all my friends come over for icecream cake and celebrate my birthday with me. The DQ icecream cake was heaven in my mouth. It only took 4 years of asking but it was worth the wait for that icecream cake. It ended up being a great day, I felt really special, and Kyle was extra kind to me that day too. I love having a day all about me. I only get two a year so I have to live it up those two days.
I wish I had some pictures to post but unfortunately Kyle's phone that we took the pictures on randomly erased his whole memory card so we lost all of the pics. It is what it is and I will just have to remember that day by the taste that was in my mouth with that delicious cake and how loved I felt by all my friends and family! I love Birthdays, they are a big deal at the Bowen house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment