Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tested as a parent!!


So the weekend we move into our new apartment Easton ends up getting the flu. It was throw up and diarrhea for 4 days. I had Kyle for only one day of it. Then it seemed like he was getting better but he just kept being so fussy and wouldn't sleep, I mean no sleep, maybe only 2 hours at a time. Luckily Kyle came Thursday evening and I was able to get some rest but then Kyle left Sunday night and Easton just was not improving. But really his only symptom was not sleeping and being fussy. So I decided to wait it out a couple days. I thought maybe because I held him for 2 days strait that he thought I would just hold him all the time. He would not let me do anything; shower, go to the bathroom, or get dressed. He had to be with me. I was getting so frustrated with him and to top it all of I was going on like 4 days of no sleep because Easton wasn't sleeping. He would wake up and I would rock him and bring him in bed with me, anything to make him sleep. I was waking up dizzy with headaches. In the mean time I am complaining about all of this to Kyle because I am so tired and all I want to do is just rest but when you are a parent you don't get a break. Kyle kept telling me that he was sorry but I would just tell him "it's ok, it's what moms do". I just needed someone to know how I was feeling. On that Sunday though we noticed Easton kept putting his hand up to his mouth anytime something touched his mouth and he would just cry. We kept thinking maybe it was teeth. So I waiting about 1 or 2 days. But when I was brushing his teeth one morning I saw that he had some white sores in his mouth and took him in right away to the insta care. It turns out he had 2 ear infections and a viral mouth infection that he got from me because I had a cold sore. I felt so bad for my sweet little boy. The doctor said there was nothing you could do for his mouth, you just had to let it run it's course. But we got medicine for his ears! I still had about 2 days after that of no sleep until finally Wednesday night he slept from 9pm-6am without making a peep. I was happiest mom every. I was so tired and at my wits end. I was ready to buy anything that would just knock him out so that I could rest. This past weekend he finally got back to himself except now he keeps waking up in the middle of the night and we do not know why. But then today he woke up with a stuffy, runny nose and so I am pretty sure it is teeth.
All I have to say is that single mothers are amazing!! I took care of East by myself while Kyle was down in Cedar and it was so hard. I can't imagine doing that all the time. I am so grateful to have a wonderful husband who loves his child so much and is willing to help out any way he can. I wish he could have been there physically while Easton was sick to help relieve some of the stress but he was on the phone supporting me letting me know he cared and he wished he was there too.
That week was one of the hardest weeks for me as a mother. I wanted to just give up, I did not know what to do. I was in a new place all by myself and did not know anyone. However, I kept on pushing forward every day no matter how tired I was because I had the most precious little boy in the world who needed my love and his mother to take care of him. Yes there were a couple of nights where I cried because I did not know if I could make it another day without sleep but I knew that Heavenly Father would help me and I knew that quitting was not an option. Like I told Kyle "It's what moms do". We take care of our children no mater how hard it is on us because they need us more! I love my little boy and even though that week of him being sick really tested me as a parent I will do it again because it is what mothers do, and when you are a parent you do not get a break!!
Here are some pics of my handsome boy!
The family we nanny for is letting us borrow this car, Easton loves it!!
For some reason he thought the bathroom would be a great place for my baking things!
He decided to get into the bathtub with all of his clothes on while mommy was in the other room!!
He loves to sit in the sink while I put on make up and pretend he is putting stuff on too!! Aww he is so cute, how could anyone not want to cuddle with that for a week strait!! I did enjoy those cuddling moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment