Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easton decided he is done :(



This pictures are so funny because this was the blanket Easton was laying on until he pulled it up over his head and started rolling around. Kyle and I were laughing so hard!!

Easton has stopped breast feeding for sure now. For a while he would breast feed at night only but I tried to breast feed him the other night and he refused. He had been refusing the breast for the past month during the day. Every time I try to give it to him he keeps his mouth closed, turns his head away and whines. Since I couldn't get him to breast feed during the day I kept it up at night until the other night when he refused. He is such a turd sometimes. It obviously isn't the end of the world, I got a good 5 months out of him of breast feeding, but it is something I really enjoyed doing. Once you get past the 3 weeks of hell and dreading to feed because it hurts so bad, breast feeding is really fun, and I do think it helps a mother and child bond closer. I wanted to breast feed Easton as long as I could up till he was a year old but he decided he did not want that. The reason I think he refuses is because I work during the day, so while I am at work he is home with Kyle and gets a bottle. I would always feed him in the morning before work and as soon as I got home till I had to go to work again the next day. But slowly I think my milk started to run low and as he started refusing. I still have milk to give and every once in a while I can get him to breast feed, but I would say that he is done. It makes me sad that because I had to work he stopped breast feeding but it is ok because he loves his bottle and as long as he is happy and healthy then I am happy too. For the rest of our children I will get to be a stay at home mom so they will for sure always get breast milk. Easton is our special little man and we just did what we could so that we could work and still have someone home with him. Being a mother is a wonderful gift and it makes me so happy when I come home from work to the two most handsome men in the world and am greeted with hugs and kisses. That is priceless. I love my boys with all my heart, I do everything for them. I have a great life and am looking forward to all the adventures that await our little family.

2 comments:

  1. You work? I tried to do that after I had Kailyn and I had a really hard time leaving her and she wasn't used to taking a bottle so she just screamed until my husband brought her to me at work. It was very stressful and even though we really needed the money, I decided that first night back that I wanted to quit. We are really lucky that we have been able to manage without my extra income, but I feel for you since you are still working. That's has to be really hard. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Plus I'm sure there are a lot of positives about working too, including the fact that you get to see your two favorite fellas when you get home. Anyway, good for you. I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well. Even if Easton no longer wants to breastfeed:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! And I'm impressed with you sticking with breastfeeding as long as you did even though you're working. I'm sorry you have to stop before you want to, that would be tough.

    ReplyDelete